Thursday, May 19, 2011

Banana BONANZA

I love banana bread with chocolate chips or nutella or anything chocolate, so for this cake I tried something new and it turned out great! This is a banana cake filled with the chocolate glaze-like frosting listed in the recipe below. I chose to frost it in a traditional chocolate buttercream, because while the chocolate glaze tasted great, and worked well as a filling, it would not have held up well for frosting this kind of cake. It would work great for a bundt cake or other cake it could be poured over.
My lilacs can use a little work, but I think this turned out beautifully.
The recipe came again from one of my favorite baking blogs. Please visit and click around her blog if you like baking, it's phenomenal. Recipe: http://lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com/2010/04/going-bananas.html
Momma M. celebrating 89 years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment