Tuesday, April 5, 2011

One weekend, 5 cakes. Oh no.

A friend ordered a cake from me and I was really excited to bring in a new order and for more exposure for my cakes, but he needed it for a weekend when I was already making four cakes, of course. The other four were small, three for a cake tasting and one for my little sister's birthday- but 5 cakes in one weekend is still a feat. It was a challenge and I (and my kitchen) survived. Here is a picture of the last remains of Charles' cake. I'm bummed I didn't get a full picture, but it looked just like the last Tres Leches I did, pictured at the top of the blog.

I was most excited by the compliment Charles paid me when he ordered the cake. His direct quote was, (while eating my Tres Leches cake at a party) "I don't even like cake, and I like this cake. THIS cake, I want THIS cake for April 10th, can you do that?" It was a wonderful compliment. If I can make someone like cake who normally doesn't, that's very fun.

Pictured below are peices of two of the cakes I did for a cake tasting. We already chose the cake flavor, so the tasting was really about frosting. Each small cake was a red velvet filled with cream cheese frosting and raspberry. The frostings were meringue, buttercream, and swiss meringue buttercream. She chose my swiss meringue buttercream, an original recipe. I agree that it paired the best. Come June they will have a phenomenal wedding cake!
Textured Swiss Meringue Buttercream

1 comment:

  1. i love the texture for this! definitely a favorite... :)

    maybe you could make a cake for my 29th b-day! :)

    ReplyDelete