Tuesday, April 5, 2011

They call the baby "Peanut"



So I thought there HAD to be elephants on her baby shower cake. :) I'm so happy with how it turned out. Bethany came to give me moral support and ended up making the leaves, which I still think turned out being the best part of this cake.

Jess requested yellow cake. Admittedly, I've always thought yellow cake was boring but I will happily eat my words (and yellow cake) and discovering this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Davids-Yellow-Cake/Detail.aspx

I filled this cake with Swiss Meringue Buttercream and frosted in Buttercream. I have wanted to try a new swiss meringue recipe for a while, and it worked really well combined with the sweetness of the regular buttercream. Obviously the elephants and leaves are fondant layered onto the buttercream.

The best part of this cake was of course that Jess loved it. They now call their little "peanut" Henry James. Congratulations to Jessica and Aaron!!


No comments:

Post a Comment